Friday, June 29, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
By A.H. Rajani at 6/27/2007 06:57:00 PM
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
This pen is on the light side, but remains well balanced. Unlike these uber expensive pens that are always top heavy, a little blurry, and therefore more difficult to control, the 207 Premier is even-keeled, sharp, and agile. It has a decent squishy grip that is contoured, but the pen overall doesn't suffer from that pandemic "Dr. Grip"-bloat. This isn't the size of a magic marker.
By A.H. Rajani at 6/26/2007 10:07:00 PM
Friday, June 22, 2007
- Junior Kimbrough - Most Things Haven't Worked Out (1997)
- The White Stripes - Icky Thump (2007)
- Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris (2007)
- The National - Boxer (2007)
- The Good, The Bad, and The Queen - The Good, The Bad, and The Queen (2007)
By A.H. Rajani at 6/22/2007 09:54:00 PM
- I still hate writing with pencils;
- I may have to go to the art store and find a good eraser for D-Day because someone at Sanford thought it would be a great idea for an eraser to make your existing pencil marks even darker;
- During testing conditions, someone coughs or sneezes approximately once every 16 seconds;
- Subway sandwich during lunch was a very good idea;
- Found myself wondering more and more whether the "dirty tricks" or the "curveballs" BarBri and PMBR allegedly play with these questions are actually just a function of their poor and sloppy authorship;
- Man vs. Wild, All New Season -- Fridays at 9:00pm on Discovery. This show is freaking ridonkulous. Discovery Channel really has its act together.
- Still perturbed by Professor Michael Kaufman's Agency and Partnership lecture in which he insisted that for the purposes of tort liability, automobile brake repair constitutes an "ultrahazardous activity." So, if we're keeping track, that makes the list of ultrahazardous activities: (i) blasting; (ii) manufacturing explosives; (iii) pile driving; (iv) fumigation with cyanide; (v) nuclear energy; AND . . . (vi) automotive brake repair. Sounds fishy to me.
- Bought 40lbs dumbbells about two weeks ago, but couldn't really curl them. Broke down yesterday and bought a set of 30lbs as well, but discovered later that night that I could curl the 40lbs ones. Irony is great, but too fucking expensive.
- Students still fail to recognize that when you're walking into a narrow aisle to get to a seat, you can't turn from side to side if you still have your backpack on;
- Female student, not looking at all where she's going, knocked over a GIANT cup of soda belonging to someone else. After seeing that the owner was not at her seat--and seeing that ice spilled everywhere in the middle of the aisle, she ran away!
By A.H. Rajani at 6/22/2007 12:11:00 AM
Sunday, June 17, 2007
- Thought I was great at Contract Law for three years of law school -- now thoroughly disillusioned.
- Rescue Me, Wednesday's at 10:00pm on FX. Clearly one of the best written shows on TV. I recommend buying the box sets of the first three seasons or, as the yougin's like to say, "putting it in your queue."
- Purchased a pair of 40LBS dumbells from Sports Authority -- now thoroughly disillusioned.
- Curious that I have yet to feel any sense of panic regarding my impending doom.
- Surprised to find that even though they dispatched my beloved Denver Nuggets in just five games, I still found myself rooting for the San Antonio Spurs against the Cavs.
- Amazed that a failing grade will get you a PASS on the California Bar Exam.
- Humbled by the fact that half the exam-takers in the state don't manage to get a high enough failing grade.
- Discovered that after a few days of not washing dishes, mugs that once contained "Milk Chocolate"-flavored Carnation Instant Breakfast mysteriously smell like peppermint.
- Wondered if I've now jinxed myself by mentioning #6.
- Contra #4, now feeling a slight sense of panic regarding this whole jinxing business.
By A.H. Rajani at 6/17/2007 01:43:00 AM
Saturday, June 02, 2007
- Three students at BarBri's Boalt Hall location already admitted to the hospital with respiratory failure; diagnosed with "Black-letter Lung."
- Gatorade tastes good at 8:30am.
- That feeling great after your BarBri lecturer made everything seem so easy has nothing to do with his or her skill as a lecturer, but everything to do with them ignoring finer distinctions in the law and tricky subject matter -- you know, the material actually tested on a regular basis.
- Lebron is in the playoffs . . . and I've lost another few days of study time.
- Less than 50% performance on "Introductory Drills" from BarBri versus consistent 65% performance on "advanced" questions. What gives?
- Gatorade tastes good at 8:30pm.
- Getting the same question wrong twice is not a freak occurrence.
- Getting the same question right twice is a freak occurrence.
- Carnation Instant Breakfast makes me gassy.
- Recurring nightmare that the Bar Examiners will finally unveil questions featuring choice "(D) Some of the above."
By A.H. Rajani at 6/02/2007 11:07:00 PM