Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm Sorry to Ruin It For You, But It's a Fucking Crocodile


So I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud during a movie preview in the theatre. Opening January 12, the movie Primeval is being advertised as a movie "INSPIRED BY THE TRUE STORY OF THE MOST PROLIFIC SERIAL KILLER IN HISTORY."

Orlando Jones, a cast member, was recently on Conan O'Brian and talked about how amazed he was to learn about this serial killer while filming in South Africa: "What intrigued me the most was that the story was true. I didn't really believe that there was some serial killer on the loose that no one had caught. I kind of thought, 'Are you serious?'" But then he went on to talk about how, during filming, he met townspeople who had "lost uncles and aunts to the killer."

Sounds compelling, huh?

Oh there's just one thing. IT'S A GODDAMNED CROCODILE, not a serial killer. This is the worst gimmick ever. At least Snakes on a Plane was up front about how stupid it was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now there are previews saying the the killer isn't human and then a really quick flash to an alligator/crocodile, whatever it's supposed to be. I guess the gimmick is officially up.