Friday, March 02, 2007

Spam Blog?!?


So as usual I'm having difficulty sleeping, so I thought I'd fire up Blogger and jot down a few drafts for some posts. But instead I got the warning above. Apparently my blog has been marked as a "spam blog."

I found some mildly amusing information under Blogger's help screens, which explains that a spam blog "can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text" and that a spam blog can "cause various problems, beyond simply wasting a few seconds of your time when you happen to come across one." Damn. They're 2 for 2.

What's not amusing is that my blog has been locked for three days. I had to make a formal request to have my blog activated and all it says is that "someone" will contact me. So I'm out of business indefinitely and I have no idea why my blog would be considered a spam blog. The true irony is that I can't post THIS message because I have to wait for someone at Blogger to "review" my blog.

UPDATE: the blog was "approved" by Blogger on Friday, March 2, 2007, two days after it was disabled.

No comments: